IPSI Postponing All 2020 Sessions until 2021
To: Participants and Interested Friends of the Illinois Public Service Institute
From: Lewis Bender, IPSI Facilitator, Sean Henry, IPSI Chairman, and Planning Committee Members
Subject: Postponing 2020 IPSI Spring and Fall Sessions to 2021
We have been closely monitoring Governor J.B. Pritzker’s plan to reopen Illinois, and it appears to be very unlikely that Phase V will be achieved this summer, which would allow us to conduct IPSI without social distancing. As you know, our adult learning style involves a lot of interaction among the participants, and we don’t want to compromise that experience for the attendees by social distancing and limiting the networking experience.
We are also hearing about the devastating financial impact the pandemic is having on Illinois communities. This revenue shortfall is resulting in budget restrictions for training and travel for the foreseeable future. After careful deliberation, we have concluded that the best option for everyone is to postpone the 2020 Spring and Fall sessions to 2021.
What does this mean for you?
If you plan to attend the Institute in 2021:
- Your registration and payment will be transferred to the same session in 2021. (2020 Spring will transfer to Spring April 25 – 30, 2021, and 2020 Fall will transfer to October 3 – 8, 2021.)
- You do not need to contact Mary Bender.
- If you have already canceled or moved your registration due to the COVID-19, please email Mary Bender to reaffirm your preference for next year.
- All rooms for 2020 will be canceled at the hotels. If you plan to attend the Institute in 2021 you need to contact the Holiday Inn by calling 217-540-7777 or the Country Inn and Suites at 217-540-5555 and change your reservation. Please refer to your confirmation number, keep the same room type, and be patient if their lines are busy.
- The Fall 2021 session will not be available for reservations until mid-October 2020.
If you do not plan to attend in 2021:
- You need to cancel your Institute registration and request a refund in writing to Mary Bender.
We will continue to send updates via email. You may also watch for new information on the website, www.ilpsi.org.
We wish each of you the very best, and we look forward to seeing you next year.
IPSI Program Coordinator