Illinois - IDOT - T2/LTAP = On Demand Trainings (ODT) E-Learning
Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) - Technology Transfer (T2) Center - Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP) = On Demand Trainings (ODT) E-Learning can be accessed with a few simple steps (see attached PDF).
Go to the Illinois State Learning Management System @ http://www.ildottraining.org
If you have taken any trainings from T2, go back to your most recent email that awarded completion/certificate and it will show your login name and password.
If unaware of your Login name and password contact Barry.Kent@illinois.gov to retrieve the information.
Typically the 123456 will be a random 6 numbers.
BLRS - Snow and Ice Control FY2021 is currently available.
BDE - 2021 Regulated Substances, Construction Projects & Special Provisions Refresher Training Course is currently available.
BLRS - Work Zone Safety 2021 will be available later this month.
Keep checking monthly for new trainings!!!
Snow and Ice Control 2021
PURPOSE: The course provides training to local agency personnel for their winter snow and ice
TOPICS COVERED: Planning for snow and ice operations, weather information sources, equipment,
snow and ice chemicals, chloride and the environment, level of service, and post storm activities.
LENGTH: 1 Hour
BDE - 2021 Regulated Substances, Construction Projects & Special Provisions Refresher Training Course
IDOT’s Bureau of Design and Environment (BDE) announces the 2021 launch of Version 3.0 of the online regulated substances training titled “2021 Regulated Substances, Construction Projects and Special Provisions Refresher Training Course.” The web-based training is hosted on the Illinois State Learning Management System (LMS). Previous Version 2 launched in January 2020 is now outdated and is no longer active.
This training is made available as of January 5, 2021 to IDOT personnel and Non-IDOT contractors and consultants. The training corresponds with recent changes to Section 669 to the Spec Book and BDE 2730 series forms. The Section 669 changes were effective on January 1, 2020 and are applicable to all lettings starting on or after January 17, 2020. The changes to the BDE 2730 series forms were effective on November 23, 2020. Please feel free to forward this training announcement to your staff or co-workers that work on IDOT projects involving regulated substances. It is important that REs, contractors and environmental firms understand and follow the regulated substances process to avoid potential delays in payment.
The refresher training is designed to provide the user with a better understanding of the requirements of the BDE Regulated Substances process and familiarize them to the revised BDE forms. To begin, see the attached PDF document with user instructions. The Illinois State Learning Management System may be accessed at http://www.ildottraining.org
There are eight (8) self-guided training modules, most followed by a quiz the user must pass to proceed to the next sequential video. General guidelines include:
- The course can be accessed from any computer that has an Internet connection, you do not have to be on the IDOT network
- You must watch each slide through to the end of the timed duration to be able to return to a previous slide or continue forward. You can return to any previous slide by using the previous/left arrow or the outline navigator
- If you exit the course during a topic without completing it, you will return to the same slide you left off on when you resume
- Topics can be watched multiple times by returning to the course outline
- Each topic must be watched before the quiz can be taken
- You must score at least an 80% on the quiz in order to pass
- Quizzes can be taken as many times as necessary to attain an 80% passing grade
- You must attain that 80% quiz score before moving on to the next module
- Each Module has a Topic Downloads section that contains all topic attachments as well as the handouts for that topic in PDF format
- Please provide feedback at the end of the course (optional)
- You can print a Certificate of Completion from the Course Grade Book after you have finished all of the course requirements.
- Based on the successful completion of this course, the student has earned 4.0 professional development hours (PDHs).
The training course supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge